Colder, Faster, Longer
Cooler Shock Premium Ice Packs (Large)
An ice alternative that far outperforms ice, Cooler Shock reusable ice packs are designed to provide extended cooling at 18 degrees F that can last up to 48 hours.
Great for camping, picnics, boating, fishing, tailgating, and any perishable transport (both personal and commercial), Cooler Shock ice packs turn warm drinks ice cold in the cooler and your sandwiches won't turn soggy from melting ice. Just return Cooler Shock to your freezer and they'll be ready for the next outing.
DIY Reusable Bags — Just Add Water Once
Cooler Shock ice packs are shipped dry with a proprietary cooling gel mixture inside that turns into a solid block when frozen. Just add water at home, shake, and seal to create reusable ice packs that can be used over and over.
Choose from two closure types:
- Screw cap with cork and included funnel for filling.
- Zipper version that's sealed permanently shut with an iron.
Thin, Durable Construction
Cooler Shock's flexible, multi-layer bags are made with aluminum and polyethylene to keep the contents secure and reinforced with thin nylon to help strengthen the pack.
Measuring about one-fifth the thickness of rigid ice packs, Cooler Shock's thin walls (8 mils, or about 0.2 mm) both freeze more quickly and transfer chill in a cooler more effectively.
Key Features & Specs
- Large size ice pack — 10 x 14 inches
- 1 large pack replaces 6 pounds of ice
- Shipped with dry gel mixture — add water and seal at home
- Screw cap closure with cork and included funnel
- Each pack requires 56 ounces of water (7 cups)
Cooler Shock Ice Alternative Outperforms IceCooler Shock vs. Regular Water
Ice starts out at freezer temperature and will warm fairly quickly to its melting point (32 degrees F). Once at melting point, the ice will stay at the same temperature during the whole process of melting. After fully melting, the liquid starts to warm normally again.
Cooler Shock ice packs also start out at freezer temperature, and will warm pretty quickly, but it's melting point is at a much lower temperature — 18 degrees F. During the whole process of melting, Cooler Shock stays at this lower temperature.
When the gel liquid inside Cooler Shock packs warms up, it's starting from that colder melting point — enabling Cooler Shock packs to stays much cooler, much longer compared with the same amount of regular ice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Do I need to refill the packs?No, you do not need to refill your Cooler Shock packs. Once they are sealed, they should not be opened or emptied.
- Can I use my Cooler Shock packs in the refrigerator?Cooler Shock packs are expertly designed to provide the best cooling energy when frozen. Refrigerators simply do not get cold enough to activate the phase change science Cooler Shock utilizes.
- What is the difference between the zipper packs and the screw cap packs?Essentially, nothing. The packs contain the same ingredients. The only difference is how you fill and seal the packs at home. The zipper packs require an iron to seal, whereas the screw cap packs use a funnel and cork (provided) to create a leak-proof seal.
- How long should Cooler Shock packs be frozen before use?We recommend 48 hours for large packs, 24 hours for mid-size packs, and 12 hours for lunch-size packs for best results
- 3 PACK large size Screw cap fill and seal – Colder than ice at 18 ℉ (- 8 ℃) Extra-large gel pack makes item slushy cold. Coldest and longest lasting – Several types and sizes available. Click the blue "CoolerShock" at top of page to see all models - USA made, USA support
- 3 REUSABLE COOLER ICE PACKS REPLACE 18 POUNDS OF ICE, no dirty water in your cooler! Non-hazardous, child safe. Lasts up to 48 hours - Voted #1 in 2017 & 2018 Wiki EzVid Ice Pack competition!
- NEW IMPROVED – Nylon reinforced packs now 50% stronger and more durable, capable of 100’s of freeze – thaw cycles. Shipped with Cooler Shock dry Formula - you add water (once) and save money. Simply add water and screw lock cap on.
- The key to COOLER SHOCK is burst cooling. Cooler Shock cooler ice packs actually accelerates cooling – 8 mil thick flexible 3 layer foil & nylon pack – Detailed Cooler use guide right on back of pack
- 1,000,000 + SOLD ON AMAZON - 1 year 100% money back guarantee and fast service. Any issues, simply contact our service team and we will send you new packs. We are easy to reach by phone, email or chat. We stand behind our product. Details on our website at CoolerShock.com NOTE:Our latest screw cap does not have a bottom rim, it has ridges. The cork is the primary seal